Real Bride Stories - LouiseThursday, 17th June
Hello, my name is Louise and before starting my dream job at Rachel Ash, I was a Rachel Ash bride myself. For those that have visited the boutique since I started in August – you will have probably heard me try to bring my wedding into the conversation at any given (and probably not even remotely relevant!) opportunity. I simply love weddings and enjoyed every minute of planning my own big day.
The Rachel Ash Experience
I had such a lovely experience at Rachel Ash. As soon as I arrived at the shop I had a good feeling, in my opinion it is the prettiest shop on the High Street. I received a warm welcome and felt completely comfortable throughout. It was the first (and only) boutique I visited - I didn’t feel like I needed to go anywhere else. I visited to try on one dress in particular but had the opportunity to try on six more, which was fabulous. My main worry was getting nearly naked in front of a stranger but I soon realised the curtain in the middle of the room was there for a reason! Saying 'yes' to my perfect dress at Rachel Ash was everything I dreamed and more.
See below for my top tips when coming into a bridal boutique and shopping for your wedding dress.
- Wear good underwear - nude if possible, to avoid colour showing through the dresses and to give a good indication of what your dress will look like on your wedding day.
- Opinions - bring people to your appointment that will be honest however, be wary of too many opinions – sometimes it can become very overwhelming!
- Be open minded - there may be a dress out there that you would have never considered. Trust in the bridal stylists and give lots of different styles a go until you find your favourite.
- Don’t feel pressured - we don’t push sales – it’s not our style. When making such a huge decision, it’s important to have a think about it and not feel like you are being forced into a purchase. We will always welcome and encourage second appointments if you are not sure. The wedding dress, in my opinion, is one of the most important parts of a wedding day!
- Enjoy - Have fun and enjoy the experience of being in a bridal boutique with your favourite people, trying on some beautiful dresses and having the spotlight on you! Take it all in and create some wonderful memories that will last forever.
Last but certainly by no means least.
- Celebrate - when you have “said yes to the dress” celebrations are mandatory! What an excuse to have some bubbles with your favourite ladies or gents. We do get a few dads, brothers or male besties with our brides too.
If you need any help, advice or would like to book an appointment – we would love to hear from you. You can book online now, give us a call on 01827 713515 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.